Posted date: 5 Oct 2017
‘IN THE ARENA’ - MEN’S DAY TOUR
From the 10th Oct to 23rd November, Care for the Family, are running a men’s event tour that you or your men’s group might find helpful to attend.
Every man encounters challenges in life’s arena. We often face uncertainties or difficulties that can test our integrity, resilience and character. But God has called us to live our lives with passion and perseverance, to run the race set before us and to run to win.
“Run in such a way that you may win.”
1 Corinthians 9:24
To meet our challenges successfully we need to be prepared. We need to be trained, ready to deal with the problems or tough times that can affect our most important relationships, our work and our inner or spiritual life.
‘In the Arena’ is a men’s event that will share helpful strategies to strengthen and empower you for whatever challenges you face now or in the future.
Speakers Philip Jinadu and Gerrit Bantjes will present biblical principles and insights they have proved through their experience of both triumph and adversity. They will talk about critical areas of everyday life such as friendships, finance, character and career. Their encouragement will leave you better prepared to run life’s race.
Listen to Gerrit talk about standing ‘in the arena’ and what to expect at the event.
Philip Jinadu leads Woodlands Metro, a thriving and energetic city church that meets in the heart of Bristol. He is also the founder and director of Love Running, an innovative charity that encourages ordinary people to ‘get fit, get friends and change the world’.
Gerrit Bantjes has been a British Army paratrooper and a fitness coach to Cardiff Rugby Club and he currently works full time for Care for the Family. Gerrit is also a husband and father with real compassion and understanding of life’s highs and lows.
Event Tour 2017
- Stoke-on-Trent - Tuesday, 10 October Swanbank Church, ST6 2AA
- High Wycombe - Wednesday, 11 October Kings Centre, HP11 2PU
- Bristol - Thursday, 12 October E5 Elim Bristol, BS2 8JP
- Leeds - Tuesday, 7 November St George’s Church, LS1 3BR
- Liverpool - Wednesday, 8 November Bridge Chapel Centre, L19 4XR
- Sheffield - Thursday, 9 November Sheffield United Football Club, S2 4SU
- Crawley - Tuesday, 21 November Charis Centre, RH11 7EL
- Eastbourne - Wednesday, 22 November Victoria Baptist Church, BN21 1UE
- Bournemouth - Thursday, 23 November Lifecentre, BH9 2AU
All events 7.30 pm – 10.00 pm (doors open at 6.45 pm)
£5 each (online for 4 or more tickets)
£6 each (online price for 1 - 3 tickets)
£7 each (on the door) £4 each (special partner rate)